“What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?“
— Erma Bombeck, "No One Diets on Thanksgiving"
Erma was one funny lady. Although “no one diets on thanksgiving” may sound wonderful, it’s not very healthy. You can make changes to your favorite holiday recipes to make them healthier. Several brands and products are available with reduced fat and caloric content that you can substitute in your recipes.
Besides, I don’t know about you, but I was really taken aback with the news that Omaha placed 142nd out of 182 metropolitan cities in leading healthy lifestyles. We can all benefit by making just a few changes in our diets, exercising and living well. Check out the Live Well Omaha website for some great tips.
In the meantime, Thanksgiving is just two short weeks away, so here’s a delicious recipe to include on your holiday menu. It’s what I will be making on Thanksgiving, and the kids and grandkids won’t even know that it’s a healthy makeover.
2 lbs. frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups Roberts Fat Free or Trim ‘n’ Lite Sour Cream
10 3/4 oz. can reduced-fat condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup Roberts 1% Milk
8 oz. shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 13-x-9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and spread into a prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until hot.
Enjoy! And feel free to share your favorite holiday recipes with us!
Connect with Envoy
@EnvoyInc on Twitter
New post: When Is an Internship Not Your Average Internship? http://t.co/MtGdThUp8NThu, 05/09/2013 - 11:15
RT @PRSANebraska:Thank you #MayLuncheon speakers: @EnvoyInc's @katbron and @BCBSNebraska 's Andy Williams & @lovgrenmarketing Linda Lovgren!Tue, 05/07/2013 - 13:35
RT @envoyinc: thanks to Envoyer @mikeybau for sharing this great article on #UX and why it needs to be a community effort....Wed, 05/01/2013 - 17:46
thanks to Envoyer @mikeybau for sharing this great article on UX and why it needs to be a community effort. http://t.co/1IpBbRVxNiWed, 05/01/2013 - 17:40
so proud of our AMA Awards! Congratulations to our clients @BoysTownMission @HilandDairy @HilandIceCream @FirstNEBankFri, 04/26/2013 - 10:07
Latest Blog Posts
- When Is an Internship Not Your Average Internship?
- Art Theft on the High Plains
- Want to Work at a Really Cool Place?
- Program Testing: An Ongoing Saga
- You're Awesome! But Do You Know Why?
- Nine Things You Didn't Know You Wanted to Learn About Nebraska
- Your Guide to Planning Web Projects
- You know you’re at South by Southwest when…
- A Leap Day to Remember ...
- Three Strikes…It’s a Turkey!